what is the cost of services?
My rate for an individual 50-minute session is $300. For couples and family therapy, my rate is $350 for a 50-minute session and $500 for an 80-minute session.
All sliding scale spots are currently full.
Corporate employee mental health workshops and specialized support for AAPI ERGs are available upon request.
Economic justice is important. In full transparency regarding my rate structure, my fees reflect the cost of my education, professional licensing, continued investment in trainings and healing practices beyond traditional Western models that I offer and integrate into our work, and 19+ years of practice and learning, and continuing education.
Part of fulfilling my purpose includes serving folks across all economic strata which includes investing a significant amount of my time and energy to supporting the AAPI community via sliding scale therapy, group healing gatherings, advocacy, and donations of time, skill, labor, and resources to nonprofit organizations serving under-resourced communities. In order to fulfill these commitments to the best of my ability, it is important to take care of myself and my practice.
I am aware that not everyone has access to resources that would make my services affordable. I also offer:
1. The possibility of curating a mental health and wellness salon for you and a group of friends (up to 8 total). We can collaborate on the topics to be covered and the cost may be shared amongst you and your friends.
2. A series of live, 3-session online workshops on mental health and wellness topics including Honoring & Processing Sacred Asian Rage, Healing Codependency, and more for $75-295. Please join my mailing list to be notified of upcoming offerings.
3. Free content via Instagram, Medium, and podcasts (not replacements for therapy).
4. A children's book supporting your relationship with precious inner child entitled "The Little Girl, The Ocean, and The Moon" and a book entitled Healing Codependency.
5. Support in finding a kind and caring therapist via the Asian Therapist Directory, Asians for Mental Health, Inclusive Therapists, and Open Path Collective.
DO YOU ACCEPT INSURANCE?
I do not work directly with insurance and am not in network with any medical insurance plan.
I choose not to immediately assign a clinical diagnosis to a human being who is going through a human experience and prefer to refrain from doing so unless a diagnosis is specifically requested. If you identify strongly with a given diagnosis that feels supportive, clarifying, and empowering, I am happy to work with you in a way that is in greatest alignment with your identity and your healing.
I choose not to work directly with insurance companies as they restrict the services I may provide to you. I find this limiting as I work intuitively and collaboratively with you in a way that most deeply supports paths of healing that are unique to and for you, potentially integrating elements of coaching and offering a range of possibilities from Western practices to a vast spectrum of non-Western healing tools and techniques. Possibilities of our work together may vary from scientific and evidence-based to decolonized, indigenous healing practices and we will work together to co-create a highly personalized and sacred space for your healing, growth, and thriving.
Payment may be send directly electronically or via a FSA (Flexible Spending Account), HRA (Health Reimbursement Arrangement), or HSA (Health Savings Account), and if your insurance covers out-of-network providers, I can prepare a Superbill for you that you may submit directly to your insurance company for reimbursement. Please call your insurance company's member services if you would like to use your out-of-network mental health benefits. Here are some questions to ask:
1. Are out-of-network providers accepted for mental health services?
2. What is my co-insurance rate for out-of-network providers?
3. What is the UCR (usual and customary rate) for CPT codes 90834 and 90837 (respective codes for a 45-60 minute session) in [your zip code]?
4. How much do I pay towards my deductible before my benefits will apply?
5. How do I seek reimbursement for out of network services?
HOW OFTEN SHOULD WE MEET?
You are the expert of your own healing. We will meet at a pace that is honoring of you and your natural pace and rhythm (weekly, biweekly, monthly, on an as-needed basis, etc.). If it is determined we are a resonant match to begin our work together, you are welcome to request a regular, consistnt time or book as-needed via a link to my private scheduling calendar.
HOW WILL WE MEET?
I offer HIPAA compliant telehealth services for clients including Zoom, Google Meet, Doxy.me, and Signal video. Phone sessions are available upon request.