HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE?
My rate for an individual session is $275 for 50 minutes or $2500 for a package of 10 sessions.
No sliding scale spots are available at this time.
Economic justice is important. In full transparency regarding my rate structure, my fees reflect the cost of my education, professional licensing, investment in trainings and healing practices beyond traditional Western models that I offer and integrate into our work, 16+ years of practice and learning, and continuing education.
My intention is to serve folks across all economic strata which includes investing a significant amount of my time and energy to supporting the AAPI community via healing gatherings, advocacy, and donations of time, skill, labor, and resources. In order to fulfill these commitments to the best of my ability, it is important to take care of myself and my practice.
I am aware that not everyone has access to resources that would make my services affordable. I also offer:
1. The possibility of curating a mental health and wellness salon for you and a group of friends (up to 8 total). We can collaborate on the topics to be covered and the cost may be shared amongst you and your friends.
2. A series of live, 3-session online workshops on mental health and wellness topics including Healing Codependency for $75-165. Please join my mailing list to be notified of upcoming offerings.
3. Free content via Instagram, Medium, and podcasts (not replacements for therapy).
4. A children's book supporting your relationship with precious inner child entitled "The Little Girl, The Ocean, and The Moon" and a book entitled "Healing Codependency" that will be available in bookstores in 2021.
5. Support in finding a kind and caring therapist via the Asian Therapist Directory, Inclusive Therapists, Reduced Fee Therapy via the Asian Mental Health Collective, Essential Workers Free/Low Fee Therapy, and Open Path Collective.
Corporate employee mental health and self-care workshops and specialized support for AAPI ERGs are available upon request.
DO YOU ACCEPT INSURANCE?
I do not work with insurance and am not in network with any medical insurance plan. Payment is accepted directly.
I choose not to immediately assign a clinical diagnosis to a human being who is going through a human experience and do not initially diagnose unless a diagnosis is specifically requested. If you identify strongly with a given diagnosis that feels supportive, clarifying, and empowering, I am happy to work with you in a way that is in greatest alignment with what feels most true for you.
I choose not to work directly with insurance companies as they restrict the services I may provide to you. I find this limiting as I work intuitively and collaboratively with you in a way that most deeply supports paths of healing that are unique to and for you, potentially integrating elements of coaching and offering a range of possibilities from Western practices to a vast spectrum of non-Western healing tools and techniques. Possibilities of our work together may vary from scientific and evidence-based to ancient, indigenous healing practices and we will work together to co-create a highly personalized and sacred space for your healing, growth, and thriving.
If you prefer to work with your insurance and/or Health Savings Account (HSA) and they cover out-of-network providers, I can prepare a Superbill for you that you may submit directly to your insurance company for reimbursement. Please call your insurance company's member services if you would like to use your out-of-network mental health benefits. Here are some questions to ask:
1. Are out-of-network providers accepted for mental health services?
2. What is my co-insurance rate for out-of-network providers?
3. What is the UCR (usual and customary rate) for CPT code 90834 and 90837 (a 45-60 minute session code) in [your zip code]?
4. How much do I pay towards my deductible before my benefits will apply?
5. How do I seek reimbursement for out of network services?all major credit cards, FSA (flexible spending account), HSA (health savings account).
HOW OFTEN SHOULD WE MEET?
You are the expert of your own healing. We will meet at a pace that is honoring of you and your natural pace and rhythm (weekly, biweekly, monthly, on an as-needed basis, etc.).
HOW WILL WE MEET?
I offer HIPAA compliant video services for clients including Zoom, Google Meet, Apple FaceTime, Doxy.me, and Signal video. Phone sessions are also available upon request.